Publishing with Open Research Europe
Open Research Europe is the European Commission’s publishing service, providing all Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe beneficiaries and their researchers with the option of an easy, high quality peer-reviewed venue to publish their papers open access, at no cost to them, and in full compliance with the European Commission’s open access policies.
Through building Open Research Europe, the Commission aims to:
- Provide a high-quality service that meets general and discipline-specific standards of scientific publishing.
- Reinforce its position as a funder that leads by example in operationalizing open science.
- Encourage technology-enabled innovation in scholarly communication.
- Support the integrity and transparency of the research process and reproducibility of research.
- Contribute towards transparency and cost effectiveness in scientific publishing, as well as towards the exploration of sustainable open access business models.
Browse through the first published articles to see how the research community has embraced this new publishing venue.
Introducing the Open Research Europe Blog
To celebrate the launch of Open Research Europe, Kostas Glinos, Head of Unit ‘Open Science’, European Commission, tells us why open science is a policy priority for the European Commission, its motivations behind establishing Open Research Europe and what the benefits are to researchers, journalists and citizens alike.
Preparing your submission
We've broken our comprehensive Data Guidelines down into two easy infographics:
- How to prepare your data
- How to prepare your article for submission