An Open Research future for learned societies
Maximize the value and reach of your members’ research with open, transparent publishing
F1000Research offers rapid and transparent publishing options for research organizations of all kinds. With a personalized research Gateway or Platform, your society’s members can publish open access, funder-compliant research articles, all in one place.
Be an Open Research trailblazer
For a closer look into the F1000Research publishing model for societies and associations, explore our quick facts or download the brochure. To find out how the unique features of F1000Research can support your own society's research needs, get in touch with our experts today.
Partnering with F1000Research enables you to:
- Demonstrate innovation and support Open Research across your society with a dedicated, personalized, and branded space for your members.
- Recognize the full range of research undertaken by your members.
- We publish a wide variety of peer-reviewed article types, ensuring the visibility of non-traditional research types and offering appropriate credit to the researchers involved in doing this work. Research article types include software tools, case studies, data notes, registered reports, opinion articles, and more.
- Maximize the discoverability and impact of non-peer-reviewed research. Publish and cite technical guides, policy documents, and conference outputs like slides, posters, and meeting reports.
- Showcase all the work linked to your society in one place with a fully branded hub, including external links to your society’s journals, books, white papers, and data.
- Comply with funder mandates. F1000Research offers a fully open access and Plan S-compliant publication venue, with FAIR data sharing for all publications.
- Everything published with F1000Research is default CC-BY and Gold or Diamond Open Access, depending on your agreement with us.
- Understand the impact of the research your members publish. We provide our partners with comprehensive metadata to support accessibility and reporting, including article-based metrics looking at citations, downloads, shares, and media mentions.
- Retain publishing revenue while offering an open-access model. Our revenue share model allows you to retain publishing as a revenue source, while also offering your members an Open Research option.
F1000Research is a fully open access publishing platform, offering rapid publication of articles and other research outputs without editorial bias. All articles benefit from transparent post-publication peer review, and editorial guidance on making source data openly available.
A wide range of different peer-reviewed article types is supported, including software tool articles, registered reports, data notes, and more. Organizations that partner with F1000Research can also publish non-peer-reviewed content including slides, posters, and documents, offering a holistic view of your research output.